You may complete an application online via the Illinois State Board of Elections website. To apply electronically you must provide:
- Your Illinois Drivers License number or Illinois Secretary of State issued State ID number.
- Date the license or ID was issued.
- The last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Your birth date.
Register in Person
You can register in person at local City, Village, or Township Halls in DuPage County or at the Election Division’s office in addition to some libraries, including Glenside Library. To ensure one of our voter registrars will be available to assist you, please contact the library at 630-260-1550 before your visit. When registering, be sure to bring two forms of identification with you, one of which must have your correct name and address on it. You do not need a photo ID to register.
Register by Mail
You can also register by mail using an approved registration application form. You may download a PDF registration form in English or Spanish or you may contact the Election Division to have a form sent to you. Instructions are included on the form for where to mail it. Please note the following deadline information:
- You must print, sign, and mail or deliver this form no later than 28 days before the next election.
- If you do not receive a confirmation within 4 weeks of mailing or delivering this form, call the Election Division at 630-407-5600.
- March 15, 2022 – General Primary
- November 8, 2022 – General Election
- February 28, 2023 – Consolidated Primary
- April 4, 2023 – Consolidated General Election
- March 19, 2024 – General Primary
- November 5, 2024 – General Election
- February 25, 2025 – Consolidated Primary
- April 1, 2025 – Consolidated General Election
- March 17, 2026 – General Primary
- November 3, 2026 – General Election
- February 23, 2027 – Consolidated Primary
- April 6, 2027 – Consolidated General Election
- March 21, 2028 – General Primary
- November 7, 2028 – General Election