Apply for a Passport!
Your library has been designated as an official Passport Acceptance Facility of the U.S. Department of State. We accept DS-11 applications for NEW passports at the Circulation Desk. Book an appointment online, or make a request in person, using our live chat, or by calling 630-260-1550. Appointments can be made up to one week in advance.
- Applications – Applications may be filled out online at travel.state.gov and then printed single-sided. The library also provides applications which must be filled out in black ink. Do not sign the application until asked to do so by an agent.
- Applicants and Relevant Parties – The applicant must be present. Both parents and children must be present for all minor applications under the age of 16. If one parent is unable to attend, a notarized DS-3053 Statement of Consent form must be submitted along with photocopy of both sides of the non-applying parent’s ID. Applicants ages 16 and 17 must show at least one parent knows that you are applying for a passport.
- Valid Photo Identification and Photocopy – Applicants and parents of applicants under age 16 must have a valid photo ID, plus a photocopy of both sides. Acceptable forms of identification are a valid Illinois driver’s license, Illinois State ID card, valid passport or military ID card.
- Original Proof of Citizenship and Photocopy – Such as certified, original, long form birth certificates, naturalization papers, or a U.S. Passport for applicants over the age of 16, plus a photocopy or both sides.
- Current Passport Photo – A recent 2×2-inch color photo of the full face (eyeglasses removed) with a white background is required. Please note that the U. S. Department of State has strict photo guidelines and acceptance of your photo is always at the discretion of the U. S. passport agency.
- Payment of Fees – Two separate payments are required for the Passport Fees.
- Application Fee: The U.S. Department of State will only accept a check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State.
- Execution/Acceptance Fee: An additional fee of $35 per application must be paid to the library. The library will accept cash, credit card, check or money order payable to Glenside Library.
Adult Passport renewals are easy to do, and do not require a visit to an Acceptance Facility. To renew a 10-year adult passport, visit travel.state.gov and download form DS-82 along with the instructions. You can renew by mail if all of the following are true of your most recent U.S. Passport:
- It is undamaged and can be submitted with your application.
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older.
- Was issued within the last 15 years; (not expired more than 5 years).
- Was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change with a certified copy of your marriage certificate or government-issued document evidencing your legal name change.
Complete the application and mail the application, payment, a current passport photo (adhering to the U.S. Department of State’s photo guidelines), and the passport to the address on the form.