Renders provided by Product Architecture + Design
- The unused wall space near the entrance is recessed to provide space for a self-checkout, holds shelf and a two-slot return bin.
- Increase total public service desk space from 18 feet to 26 feet (+40%), in addition to display counterspace.
- The corner wall is removed. Desk is brought forward about four feet, placing it on the exterior of the column.
- Entrance-facing library computer catalog added.
- Allows for a full service printer/scanner/copier access to the sit down service points.
- Provides an exit that allows staff to help with the east wall self-checkout/OPAC.
- Additional sit down service point (Library Cards, Notary, Passports).
- Increased floor space storage for library carts.
- Manager’s office will have a direct line of sight to front desk, check in and ILL.