Adult Services Librarian:
Full Time - 37.5 hours/ week
Tuesday/Thursday evenings and 1 weekend/month.
Position will be available July 1st.
Are you a voracious reader who has knack for matching others with their next good book? Do you have your finger on the pulse of the latest trends in the library world? Due to a retirement, we’re seeking an energetic, creative and passionate librarian who loves reading and discussing books to join our staff. In addition to providing traditional reference service to our patrons, the successful candidate will play an integral role in the future of Readers Advisory at GPLD.
• Selection of fiction in print, audio, and electronic formats
• Marketing of fiction materials via displays and social media
• Coordination of staff genre study
• Quarterly presentations at Senior Center
• Coordination of Summer Reading Program
• Planning annual writing event(s)
• Hosting book discussion group
• ALA accredited Master’s Degree in Library & Information Science
• Experience presenting and promoting library services
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Extensive customer service experience
• Firm understanding of current technology and related library services
Salary: Starting at $44,167 annually.
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision, four weeks of vacation and participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
Application Deadline: Wednesday, April 29th
Email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Leader of Staff Services Facilitation
Glenside Public Library District
Applications are available at the library Circulation Desk or downloadable: Application Form