Hoopla offers digital movies, television episodes, music, and audio books for streaming and temporary download. Popular titles are always available so you can borrow what you like, when you like.
Getting Started With Hoopla
You'll need a few things to use Hoopla:
- An active Glenside library card and 4-digit PIN
- One of these supported web browsers or mobile devices:
- Internet Explorer (Most recent update)
- Firefox (Most recent update)
- Google Chrome
- Device with iOS 6 or higher (7.1.1 recommended)
- Device with Android OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or higher
- A hoopla account
- An app for your mobile device or add-on for your browser. You'll be prompted to install the browser add-on if when you play your first title on your computer. If you're using a supported mobile device, you can download the hoopla app from the appropriate app store:
Frequently Asked Questions - Hoopla
- How many titles may I check out?
- How long is the borrowing period?
- Do I need to be connected to the internet to watch or listen to my checked out titles?
- Will I have to wait in a hold queue for popular titles?
- Does hoopla work on the Kindle Fire, XBox 360, PS3, Roku or Chromecast?
- Can I watch/listen to hoopla on library computers?
- Is this going to cost me money?
- Can children use hoopla?
- I'm having trouble. Where can I find help?
How many titles may I check out?
You may check out 10 titles in a calendar month. One check out consists of any of these items:
A television episode
A music album
An audio book
How long is the borrowing period?
The borrowing period depends on what you've borrowed.
Movies and TV episodes - 3 days
A music album - 7 days
An audio book - 21 days
Items will check back in automatically at the end of the borrowing period, so you'll never have overdue hoopla items.
Do I need to be connected to the internet to watch or listen to my checked out titles?
All titles are available for streaming using hoopladigital.com on a PC/Mac. Borrowed titles are for streaming and a offline use with a temporary download on iOS and Android devices.
Will I have to wait in a hold queue for popular titles?
No. All titles are available all the time so you will not be required to wait until someone else finished a title before you can check it out.
Does hoopla work on the Kindle Fire, XBox 360, PS3, Roku or Chromecast?
Please click here to see a full list of supported devices.
Can I watch/listen to hoopla on library computers?
Yes, GPLD cardholders can access hoopla content on all public computers.
Is this going to cost me money?
No. This is a free service of the Glenside Public Library District.
Can children use hoopla?
Yes, children with library cards in good standing may use hoopla. However, be advised that our hoopla collection contains material that may not be suitable for all ages. Films and television shows are labeled by MPAA and TV ratings when they have been rated.
I'm having trouble. Where can I find help?
Most questions can be answered by visiting hoopla help.
If you still are having trouble, please email email@example.com. We will respond on the next weekday that the library is open.